7.01.2007

A Challenge...

I had an epiphany today. And not a good epiphany.

I realized that I am not doing all that I can to nourish myself spiritually. I have become bogged down by the stresses of daily life and have neglected my prayers and scripture study.

It all ends today.

I am challenging myself to read the Book of Mormon: Another Testament of Christ in 3 months, beginning today.

"And the first came and stood before my father, and gave unto him a book, and bade him that he should read.

And it came to pass that as he read, he was filled with the Spirit of the Lord."
1 Nephi 1: 11-12

As I began my challenge, this scriptural passage really struck me. I know that as I read and study the scriptures, I too, will be filled with the Spirit of the Lord. I know that I am a daughter of God and that He loves me very much. I know that true happiness comes when we strive to keep His commandments.

I invite all who read this post to join me in this challenge to read the Book of Mormon, to be edified, and to feel of our Savior's love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails