1.26.2011

Picky Eater

How lucky for you. Two posts in as many days!

Growing up, I was one of the pickiest eaters. I rarely liked to try anything new. And if I didn't like the look of something? Forget about it! Our closest neighbors were my aunt and uncle. When my mom tried to get me to eat something I didn't want to, I'm simply say that I'd had it before. Where? Aunt Judy's, of course. My mom didn't buy it. :)

I was pretty stubborn, too. I was told I couldn't leave the table until I'd finished what was on my plate. I would sit and sit and sit. Sometimes, I would sneak off to the bathroom to dispose of what I could down the toilet.

I've come a long way since then. I'm still not the most adventurous eater; I still judge food by the way it looks.

BUT compared to my husband, I am a regular [insert famous explorer of your choice].

We were eating dinner at the Persian restaurant in our hotel the last night of our stay in Costa Rica. I can't remember what was on my plate, but I asked Jeff if he'd like to try it.

"Are you kidding? I'm already pushing boundaries eating this salad."

He's kind of an "iceberg lettuce with ranch dressing" kind of salad-eating-guy. :)

Earlier in the trip, I saw Nutella on the shelf at the Mini-Super. Now you can't go camping (which is essentially what we were doing the 2nd have of our trip), without Nutella, as I learned at Girls Camp this past summer, so I bought some and some tortillas. Yum! They didn't have any bananas. Weird, I know, since Chiquita has a plantation in Costa Rica.

Jeff's response: "How is this not chocolate frosting?"

And that was about the extent of his dabbling with Nutella. Who doesn't ♥ Nutella?!

We also tried Tilapia (yum!), fried plantains with beans and rice for breakfast (double yum!), well, I guess that's about all I can think of right now.

Not in Costa Rica, but back here in St Paul, we recently tried a spearfish steak. My jury is still out a little on whether or not I actually liked it.

2 comments:

  1. It all sounds good! Although I'm a pretty adventurous eater. The fried plantains with beans and rice sounds really yummy right now!
    -Ally

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been a pretty picky eater too. I actually wasn't sad at all when we realized that Glen was allergic to seafood, since that meant I didn't need to feel guilty for never cooking it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails