2.05.2011

Cold Enough for Ya?

I received this as a forward from my aunt in Arizona. I thought it was incredibly funny! Instead of forwarding it on to others, I thought I'd just post in up on my blog.

65°
Arizonans turn on the heat.
People in Minnesota plant gardens.

60°
Californians shiver uncontrollably.
People in Minnesota sunbathe.

50°
Italian & English cars won't start.
People in Minnesota drive with the windows down..

40°
Georgians don coats, thermal underwear, gloves, wool hats.
People in Minnesota throw on a flannel shirt.

35°
New York landlords finally turn up the heat.
People in Minnesota have the last cookout before it gets cold.

20°
People in Miami all die.
Minnesotans close the windows.


Californians fly away to Mexico.
People in Minnesota get out their winter coats.

 - 10° below zero:
Hollywood disintegrates.
The Girl Scouts in Minnesota are selling cookies door to door.

 - 20° below zero:
Washington DC runs out of hot air. (Ya think? Nah.).
People in Minnesota let the dogs sleep indoors.

 - 30° below zero:
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole.
Minnesotans get upset because they can't start the snowmobile.

-40°  below zero:
ALL atomic motion stops.
People in Minnesota start saying..."Cold enough for ya?"

-50°  below zero:
Hell freezes over.
Minnesota public schools will open 2 hours late.

In some ways, I think this email forward is eerily accurate. It was relatively warm today; we actually approached 30°F!! In turn, I wore a skirt to work yesterday, and no long johns for a walk outside this afternoon. Guess I'm more Minnesotan than I like to admit. :))

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails