7.24.2011

Inner Dialogue

Last night I went for nearly a 10 mile run. Here is a brief dialogue I had with myself while running.

Wow! This is probably ones of my best runs!
You've only gone halfway. It's way too early to make that conclusion.
Yeah, that's probably true.

A couple more miles down the road...

Seriously this has been such a great run!
You've still got a few miles to go. Again, it's still too early to say that.
What am I saying? That's not very positive encouragement. I should be saying, "Way to go! Keep up the good work! This run really is going great so far, isn't it?"
Okay, okay. You're right. That's probably better. "Keep it up!"

Several more times throughout the run I had to remind myself of this dialogue. Even though it was a pretty great run, I had I hard time accepting that, I guess. :)

Anyone else have weird, fun, interesting dialogues with themselves when they run?

6 comments:

  1. I talk to myself all the time! I have fake conversations alot with things I'd like to say to people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @REBrown, yeah, I totally do that, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL. Great run! I do have dialogues like that occasionally, but often my mind uses the time to review things that have happened or play out scenarios of how to deal with current issues in my life. Once I work that all out, my mind is always calmer and freer after a run!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have these dialogues all the time while cycling. I also compose fabulous, clever blog posts that I never remember once the ride has ended. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. @TNM, Sometimes I wish I could use a run to try and collect my thoughts and do some review and reflection. I'm so much of a here-and-now type of girl. Not always such a good thing.

    @Laura, I'm totally with you on the blog post thing! I think I probably repeated this dialogue so often while running partly because I wanted to remember it when I got back home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha! Yes, I've definitely had weird dialogues with myself while running. Once it as about whether or not to just go ahead and pee on a pretty exposed stretch of path while on a long run.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails