Let alone taken my shirt off mid-run.
But it was really HOT today and so.much.sweat was dripping into my eyes.
I finally broke down just after mile 3 to take off my shirt, roll it just so, and wrap it around my head.
I know. Super sexy.
But it really helped with keeping the sweat out of my eyes.
And even the slightest breeze, like when crossing over the Lake street bridge, felt just heavenly over my already sweaty skin.
Overall, my run today was 5 miles. I probably walked a good half of the distance.
A couple of notes:
- Never run in the super heat without a hat or bandanna or something to help with the sweaty forehead syndrome. This can only result in a repeat of this evening's run.
- I'm pretty sure I prefer energy chews over energy gels. They were much easier to eat and a lot less messy.
- My new socks were super comfy!
- Sweating profusely does not guarantee I won't feel the urge to pee.
- Even with doing a LOT of walking, I was able to maintain a sub-12:00 min/mi pace. Yay me!
Wish me luck!