7.18.2011

I have never, ever

gone running in just a sports bra.
Let alone taken my shirt off mid-run.

But it was really HOT today and so.much.sweat was dripping into my eyes.

I finally broke down just after mile 3 to take off my shirt, roll it just so, and wrap it around my head.


I know. Super sexy.

But it really helped with keeping the sweat out of my eyes.
And even the slightest breeze, like when crossing over the Lake street bridge, felt just heavenly over my already sweaty skin.

Overall, my run today was 5 miles. I probably walked a good half of the distance.

A couple of notes:
  • Never run in the super heat without a hat or bandanna or something to help with the sweaty forehead syndrome. This can only result in a repeat of this evening's run.
  • I'm pretty sure I prefer energy chews over energy gels. They were much easier to eat and a lot less messy.
  • My new socks were super comfy!
  • Sweating profusely does not guarantee I won't feel the urge to pee.
  • Even with doing a LOT of walking, I was able to maintain a sub-12:00 min/mi pace. Yay me!
My next run is a 5K Wednesday evening. I imagine it will be pretty near to the same conditions as tonight's run.

Wish me luck!

3 comments:

  1. Inquiring minds want to know....who took the picture of you running? Were you running with a friend who happen to have a camera with them? Or did you pose for it when you got home? In any case, you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good question, Lara. This was just a few blocks from my apt, and my husband happened to be heading to the store. I stopped him and him take my picture with my cell phone camera. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That made me sweat just reading about it! Makes me think I should stop complaining about our cool weather we are having :)
    Love the new look!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails