12.12.2012

I NEED SOME SUN!

I've been sad today. I know, right? On a day like 12/12/12? How is that even possible?

Okay the past couple of days. FOR NO APPARENT REASON.

Today, I even put a ribbon in my hair

Ok. So really the ribbon was for
the #runnerphotoaday challenge

and broke out the purple nail polish and purple tights.

I bought the nail polish several days ago
and was feeling guilty for not using it yet.

BUT TO NO AVAIL.

I was trying to figure it out, when it suddenly hit me. I haven't been outside in the daylight in several days. We're going through a bit of a cold snap here in Vegas hopefully just a snap and not something that will last weeks or (gasp!) months with highs only in the low 60s.

I know, I know. THAT'S NOT COLD! But it is. To me. Too cold to sit outside for lunch anyway - especially when that sun is hiding behind a thick layer of clouds.

**sigh**

There are other issues as well.

I'm making way more mistakes at work than I'd like to admit but at least I do admit them and accept them instead of trying to blame them on someone else. I know it's only been two months, and there is so much room for human error, but it doesn't make it any easier. So frustrating!

We can't seem to get ahead financially. I know I've only been working for just over two months, but it seems like we just aren't making any progress. And now, we're (hopefully) moving in the next week or so. I'm excited for the new apartment, but it will also mean another $200/month. Where is that going to come from?

We've met a few people here, but I really long for more friends. Yes, I'm lonely. There. I said it.

At least I'm still exercising, right? Despite taking a brief running hiatus, I've still been working out, so at least there's that.

Today's quick workout (Wednesday's are my light/easy day).
Sort of.
I'm not quite to these full lengths. Yet.

And while I have been noticing some improvement in the way I look, and I am very happy with said progress, sometimes like today it still makes me sad that I'm not where I want to be.

Wow. This post is so whiny! The last post I wrote on a Wednesday was also a little on the whiny side. Am I sensing a pattern? Maybe I should start a Whiny Wednesday meme? :D

At least it's almost time to head home.

What do you do when you're feeling a little down?
What makes you smile?

16 comments:

  1. I love that when I read your posts I'm always nodding, "yes...." I can totally relate on all counts here. Wish we lived closer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yep.
    Im with you and heidi.
    lately I find myself throwing myself at my 7 year old because she makes me smile.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you haven't been feeling the best.

    I definitely try to just head outside(in the sun, grrr winter and early darkness!) and try and walk it out, clear my head. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This early darkness is killing me! If the world doesn't end on 12/21, at least the days will start getting longer again. C'mon Winter Solstice!

      Delete
  4. I can relate as well. I've been in a funk for the past few weeks and can't seem to drag myself out of it. Like Miz, watching my kids play and get excited helps but I'm trying to focus on the little things that make me happy - a warm cup of coffee that I actually can finish while it's still warm, finally getting my darn Christmas lights to work, and just taking 5-10 minutes to sit still and be with my emotions and feelings. It's hard but I feel like I'm constantly battling them away and that's just tiring sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry you're feeling down. I can definitely relate and have also been in a funk workout wise anyway the last few weeks. Pushing through but I think my problem is I need a vacation. Like a REAL Caribbean vacation. We were going to Jamaica every Dec. until our kitty broke his leg TWICE to the tune of $6,000+ so needless to say this year that vacation didn't happen.

    My hubby makes me smile.

    Oh and I'm coming to Vegas next month for the New Media Expo/Blog World conference. I'm hoping to meet up with another gal from FitFluential. Are you near the Rio hotel? I would love to meet up if you can. And as far as the financial part, I'm happy to brainstorm ideas with you. You can totally make a blog work for you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Angie, so sorry about your kitty. :( My husband makes me smile, too. Yay!

      I would love to meet up with you next month. Feel free to email me and we can make arrangements.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry you are feeling down:( I can relate to the no sun, but it's probably harder on you since you are so used to it. This time of year doesn't make things any easier. Any running clubs in the area where you might be able to meet some people? Thinking of you and sending happy thoughts your way:) P.S. Hiking makes me smile, haven't done it in months:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I appreciate it. There are a few running clubs around, but none that meet very close to where I live.

      Delete
  7. Sorry you are down. Definitely try to get outside. Sun and fresh air make a huge difference for me (probably doesn't hurt that I'm usually running when I'm outside.) Good luck figuring out the financial stuff.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a work in progress, and I know we'll figure it out eventually. :)

      Delete
  8. I'm so sorry that you've been feeling down. I hope you get things sorted out soon and you guys can get things figured out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was already feeling better the very next day. Sometimes it just helps to release it all online. :D

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails