It. was. nice.
But I'm back now, and hope to be able to post 3-5 times each week for the remaining weeks of October. I'll start out with a quick Stream of Consciousness Sunday.
Today’s (totally optional) prompt: What makes you feel cozy and safe?
A hot beverage. A warm blanket. A good movie. Or maybe a good book.
Definitely some snuggle time with my guy (Jeff) and my girl (my pup, Sallie).
Oh, yes! And soup. Definitely soup from the crockpot. Throw in some freshly baked bread. Mmmm...
Why does cozy and safe equate to fall and/or winter? Don't I feel cozy and safe in the spring and/or summer?
I do, but it's a different kind of safe, I guess. I more like freedom and exploring and trying new things. Fall and winter means coming back to a safe place. Recuperating until spring comes around again to try and explore and escape. Weird. I never really thought of it that way before at all.
I've always been a girl who enjoys all 4 seasons. Growing up in MN, there were 4 very distinct, almost picturesque, seasons. I loved them all, but as I've gotten older, I've really come to love and embrace fall. Spring was my fave growing up, of course.
Never been a huge fan of winter, though. Hence the move away from the cold MN to the warm weather of the Vegas desert.
**********************This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
- Set a timer and write for 5 minutes.
- Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw.
- Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible.
- Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar).
- Link up your post over at Jana's Thinking Place.
- Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love.