1) RAGNAR recap. It will be a faded memory by the time I get around to writing it.
2) A follow-up to last week's Listicles.
But first...it's time for another round of Monday Listicles. You should totally join in the fun! It's a different topic each week, and for this week...
TEN THINGS I'VE LEARNED IN 2012
- I'll likely never be a teacher. I LOVED student teaching and interacting with high school students, but I was spoiled by doing it in a co-teaching setting. I think I would be successful as a solo teacher, but I don't think I'd like it as much.
- It gets COLD in Vegas. This is relative, of course, since it's nowhere near as cold as it gets in MN. Still, cold is cold.
- Job searching is hard work. It's no wonder people are hesitant to switch jobs/careers. I hope to stay at my current employer for a long time - just so I don't have to endure going through that again anytime soon.
- Biking 7+ miles in the Vegas summer heat & altitude is not recommended.
- I am much better at meeting new people in small groups. Ok. This isn't a new lesson, but rather a reminder.
- I can safely and confidently bike to and from work. Nearly every day I congratulate myself at how I've improved at riding a bike over the past couple of years.
- Russian and Chinese history is fascinating! History in general is fun to learn about. Now that I'm done with school, I really should continue to read/learn more about this stuff.
- It's a huge struggle for me to incorporate strength training into my daily life. It's the easiest thing for me to skip, and it's probably more important than my cardio.
- I don't really like routines. I love variety. If everyday could be different, I would love it.
- ^^ I am not very consistent. At blogging. At running and exercise. At cooking.
What have you learned so far this year?Tweet