The challenge is now over.
Since I didn't post my recap for Week 6, here is my recap for the final two weeks.
12/24: 10 points
- Ran 9 miles - Joined TCRE for a group run. Much bigger group than I'd originally thought, which worked out well. I was nervous because the last I'd checked there were going to be 3 of us, and we all had very different paces. I wasn't sure how we would manage, but more people showed up and it went really well!
- Stretched for 20 min - I'm usually really terrible about taking the time to properly stretch after a long, hard run. Not today! I took the time to really just relax and enjoy some good stretching time.
- I convinced my sister and niece to go for a walk with me on Christmas Day. It was fun to walk around my parent's neighborhood and such a beautiful evening! I was kind of disappointed in the lack of visible Christmas lights in the area, though.
- Ran 3 miles - This run went really fast - despite a slower pace. Sometimes it's fun to just run!
- I couldn't seem to drag myself out of bed this morning. Plus, I was on a deadline to finish my portfolio, so I didn't really have time in the evening, either.
- Ran 4.8 miles - I really wanted to get in 5 miles, but the sidewalks and trails were slippery in patches. After falling twice, I ended up turning around and walking quite a bit of the way back.
Challenge Total: 113.35
12/31: 3.1 points
- Resolution Run 5K - Got a PR and a fancy new running jacket. Love it!
- Was going to run 10 miles out to my parent's house, but there was a snowstorm the night before, and I didn't feel safe about running on the paths.
- Ran 10 miles - Treadmill. I really wanted to get in 10 miles even though my knee was hurting slightly since the 5K on Saturday. I just took it at a nice, slow pace. Attempted to watch movies to fight the treadmill boredom.
- Stretched for 20 min - Another great stretching session after a nice long run.
- Exercise video for 40 minutes - Since my knee was still bothering me, and I'd developed some sort of rash, I decided against running and swimming. Instead I tried out a new exercise video at home that is designed to help runners strengthen their cores. I'm going to try it out for a few more sessions, and then I'll do a full review and giveaway. Very excited about this!
- Knee still bothersome; rash even itchier.
- Went to the doctor for my rash and complained about my knee while I was there. Her orders? Buy new shoes and strengthen my core.
- We had dinner plans with some friends, so I intended on getting up early and doing that workout video. I just couldn't seem to crawl out of bed! I ended up catching an even later bus than usual. Booo!
Challenge Total: 129.45
Would I do this challenge again? Yes, I think so. Even though I didn't get as many points as I would have liked, it was still a good challenge. I think it may have been better if I'd signed up on time. I may have taken it a little more seriously.
What's my next challenge? Well, I've been pseudo-training for a half marathon on Jan 28th. I still have time to register for the early registration rate, so now I'm hoping that my knee gets to feeling up to it. After that, training for Grandma's starts mid-February.