10.28.2012

Learning New Tricks

I feel like I haven't blogged in awhile. LOL. It was just yesterday. :) Guess I'm going through a slight blogging addiction at the moment.

Jeff and I attended the NHRA Nationals this afternoon for a few hours. It was a lot more fun than I'd expected. Post and pictures coming soon.

In the meantime, I thought I'd do a little SOC Sunday.


Today’s (totally optional) prompt: What new tricks would you like to learn or have you learned?

********************** 
What do I want to learn? As I recent MAT graduate, you'd think I'd be more enthusiastic about learning. *shrug*

There are a few things I would love to learn, though.

First, focus. I wish I had more when it comes to learning. Too often, I want the easy way out. Research is hard sometimes.

Second, I'd really love to learn more about the history of Vegas. This is for personal reasons, of course, but I also have an idea of how to take this learning to the next level. We'll see... I've just got to find that focus to really motivate myself to hunker down and research some really exciting facts and resources.

I'd also like to learn how to write better and express myself more succinctly with words.

I'd love to learn to menu plan. I don't know why I struggle with this so much. I love to try new recipes and foods, but I end up making the same things over and over again because I run out of time/ideas of what to make once dinner time rolls around. This, of course, also leads to eating out or ordering in WAY too often. Lame.

I'd also really like to learn some blogging tricks.

********************** 
This was my 5 minute Stream of Consciousness Sunday post. It’s five minutes of your time and a brain dump. Want to try it? Here are the rules…
  • Set a timer and write for 5 minutes. 
  • Write an intro to the post if you want but don’t edit the post. No proofreading or spellchecking. This is writing in the raw
  • Publish it somewhere. Anywhere. The back door to your blog if you want. But make it accessible. 
  • Add the Stream of Consciousness Sunday badge to your post (in the sidebar).
  • Link up your post over at Jana's Thinking Place
  • Visit your fellow bloggers and show some love. 
What new tricks would you like to learn?
Did you do anything new and fun this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. Good luck as you begin to learn about Vegas. I'm sure as you get started it will motivate you to keep learning even more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you're right. It's just where to start, and then, of course, actually starting! :)

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails