6.11.2010

Flashback Friday: Grandma Gertie

Gertrude Wilma Ausbern (Bird-Wilson)
December 22, 1920 - June 5, 2010
This is a picture of my grandma holding me at Christmastime 1979.

This picture was taken at my high graduation party.
My grandma is the redhead on the left.
This is a 5-generation picture; the baby is my sister's 2nd child, AJ.

Yesterday, I attended my grandma Gertie's funeral. It was a very nice service. One of my cousins, who was unable to attend, wrote a letter that one of his brothers read. It was really touching to hear about all of his memories about Grandma Gertie.

My grandma lived in AZ most of my life, so I didn't have the opportunity to spend much time with her. It was wonderful to learn so many interesting things about her yesterday. And to hear so many fun stories. She will be missed, and I wish I'd gotten to know her better.

2 comments:

  1. Saying hi from SITS. I had a wonderful Grandma Annie who I miss all the time but I also feel lucky to have all the wonderful memories. Glad you were able to attend the funeral and hear all the stories. And I love the 5-generation photo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry for your loss. Glad she had a nice service.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails