5.09.2009

Journal Topic #5: Did you and your father share any interests together - what and why?

I’m sure there are more, but one thing I remember quite fondly was going grocery shopping with my dad Saturday mornings. He was a very organized shopper. He would make his list and organize it by aisle in the store. It was our time together when we could enjoy each other’s company. I can’t remember any specifics about the things we would talk about; I just remember having fun hanging out with my dad.

From this memory, I’d say we both share an interest in grocery shopping. Even today, I enjoy grocery shopping. On occasion, Jeff and I have discussed shopping for groceries online and having them delivered. We’ve always decided against it, and after going to the grocery store, I remember why. I don’t know what it is about walking up and down aisles of food, but it is the one type of shopping that I actually do enjoy.

Another interest I’d say we have is organization. We both like to make lists (especially in the case of grocery shopping) and we like to have order in our homes. There is a place for everything, and everything should be in its place.

1 comment:

  1. That's funny. I thought I was the only person in the world who actually enjoyed grocery shopping. There's nothing worse than being in a rush at the grocery store. I go crazy when I can't wander!

    Now I also wish I could say that I was organized, but that is definitely NOT one of my gifts. As hard as I try, it just doesn't come naturally to me.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails