5.22.2009

Journal Topic: Are there any family heirlooms in your possession? Tell about them and how you came to acquire them.

I wasn’t exactly sure what qualified as an heirloom, so I looked up the definition in the dictionary online.

heir⋅loom (air-loom)
–noun
1. a family possession handed down from generation to generation.
I have a cameo necklace/brooch from my Great-grandmother. I am her namesake, so I believe that is how I got it. She died when I was very little, so I don’t remember her at all. I don’t exactly remember how this necklace came into my possession. I know my mom gave it to me, but I can’t remember the occasion, how old I was, or how she came to have it. I doubt it’s standing as an heirloom because I don’t believe it was handed from my great-grandma to my grandma to my mom and then to me. I’m pretty sure it skipped some of those generations.

Perhaps I am being too literal…

When I went to take a picture of this necklace/brooch, I found a fan that I had also received from my great-grandma at the same time I received the cameo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails