3.12.2012

Women...

Well, Stasha, my list isn't going to be very deep or inspiring, either. It's hard to think about celebrating women, when sometimes being a woman is so very physically painful. Ugh. I just hate it sometimes.

Here is a list of 5 images I found on Pinterest about women.

1. This one was the most powerful for me this morning. Nearly choked me up. Every woman has the power to do good and change the world (or at least seriously affect the lives of those around her). I have definitely seen it in my life and can only hope that I have been that woman to at least one person.




2. Strong women are amazing!


3. Women are survivors.


4. I love these.


5. I'm not sure I 100% agree with this because I do think that women can be strong, amazing, and influential just by quietly doing good and living life as best as they can. That being said, to fight for political or social change would take more radical behavior.
Source: polyvore.com via Keri on Pinterest


Sometimes, I like being a woman.
Sometimes, I really hate it. Physically. Emotionally.

I guess perhaps I should celebrate it more. Take the time to find inspiring women. Surround myself with them. I don't know.

I feel like this post is going nowhere pleasant, and I really should look over my lesson plan for this morning, so Have a great Monday! 

How do you celebrate women?

9 comments:

  1. These are lovely. I need to work on this too. I think as women it is expected of us to complain so we do...Audrey Hepburn said it so beautifully, think you and I can start with pink and take it from there :)
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like these...especially the first two. I'm sorry you're not happy with the whole being a woman thing today. Hopefully, you'll feel better about it tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey Hepburn is my all time favorite! But all those quotes are good :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I did quotes and used a couple of these! I love that you did them from Pinterest, though. There are days I feel that being a woman is not nearly what it's cracked up to be. But then others I take pride in our gender :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I have kind of a love-hate relationship with being a woman - sometimes, more hate than love, unfortunately.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails