Unfortunately, it's been way too hot in Vegas to take her out with me. She always looks so sad when she sees me getting dressed for a run, but the cement and asphalt would burn her little tootsies. :-(
It's starting to cool off now! So, when I went for a run this morning and saw it was only in the low 80s, I decided it was time she came with me.
|Is it time to go? IS IT TIME TO GO??|
She had so much fun! We ran for 3 miles. She was such a good girl while out - never straying too far from me, but still detouring to run through any grass we came across. She just trotted along, smiling as she went. She did start lagging about the last mile, so 3 miles was probably pushing it for her first Vegas run. She'll probably be tired now for the next few days!
I've normally been running to the Strip, but it gets too crowded, so we went a completely different route today. We ran down the less traveled roads and stumbled upon a neat park. We just ran by it today, but I'm looking forward to going back soon.
All-in-all, this was a very fun run this morning - despite feeling some slight pain in my knee. Ugh! I thought I was over that. Boooo.....
Today, the Fitness Cheerleader asks us to share our fitness bucket list. Here's mine.
- Run a half marathon (or marathon if I start feeling ambitious again someday) on every continent except Antarctica. I haven't contemplated this enough to know which races I'd like to run. If you know of any must-do races around the world, please let me know.
- Qualify for membership in Half Fanatics. There are 9 different levels. Here is how you qualify for the lowest:
1. 2 Half Marathons within a 16 day time frame.2. 3 Half Marathons within a 90 day time frame.
- Run 12 Half marathons in a calendar year. This would put me at the Saturn level of the Half Fanatics.
- Attend a yoga retreat somewhere beautiful. I wouldn't mind doing this many times, of course.
- Hike/Explore ancient ruins in Central and South America. Most particularly, I would love to visit Teotihuacan.
- Take a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. Like in the movie The Way. If you haven't see the movie, I definitely recommend it.
- Tour the U.S. via bicycle. Can you even imagine the beauty you'd experience while not in a car or train or plane? Going slower speeds on less traveled roads?
It's not a very long list, but it is quite ambitious. Isn't that what a bucket list should be, after all?
What did you do for Fitness Friday?
What's on your Fitness Bucket List?
Have you ever raced on a different continent?
This was my first time linking up with Fitness Friday. Click the button to see who else is celebrating fitness today.