9.14.2012

Fitness Friday + A Bucket List

Before arriving in Vegas, Miss Sallie was my favorite go-to running partner. She would get so excited when she'd see me getting dressed for a run - jumping up and down, wagging her tail, begging to hear those words, "Do you wanna go for a run?" For her, running was like little doggie heaven! She always looks like she is having a blast, complete with a big smile on her face.

Unfortunately, it's been way too hot in Vegas to take her out with me. She always looks so sad when she sees me getting dressed for a run, but the cement and asphalt would burn her little tootsies. :-(

It's starting to cool off now! So, when I went for a run this morning and saw it was only in the low 80s, I decided it was time she came with me.

Favorite Running Partner Sallie
Is it time to go? IS IT TIME TO GO??

She had so much fun! We ran for 3 miles. She was such a good girl while out - never straying too far from me, but still detouring to run through any grass we came across. She just trotted along, smiling as she went. She did start lagging about the last mile, so 3 miles was probably pushing it for her first Vegas run. She'll probably be tired now for the next few days!

I've normally been running to the Strip, but it gets too crowded, so we went a completely different route today. We ran down the less traveled roads and stumbled upon a neat park. We just ran by it today, but I'm looking forward to going back soon.

All-in-all, this was a very fun run this morning - despite feeling some slight pain in my knee. Ugh! I thought I was over that. Boooo.....


Today, the Fitness Cheerleader asks us to share our fitness bucket list. Here's mine.

  1. Run a half marathon (or marathon if I start feeling ambitious again someday) on every continent except Antarctica. I haven't contemplated this enough to know which races I'd like to run. If you know of any must-do races around the world, please let me know.

  2. Qualify for membership in Half Fanatics. There are 9 different levels. Here is how you qualify for the lowest:
    NEPTUNE
    1. 2 Half Marathons within a 16 day time frame.
    2. 3 Half Marathons within a 90 day time frame.

  3. Run 12 Half marathons in a calendar year. This would put me at the Saturn level of the Half Fanatics.

  4. Attend a yoga retreat somewhere beautiful. I wouldn't mind doing this many times, of course.

  5. Hike/Explore ancient ruins in Central and South America. Most particularly, I would love to visit Teotihuacan.

    Teotihuacan

  6. Take a pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela. Like in the movie The Way. If you haven't see the movie, I definitely recommend it.
    The Way Martin Sheen Emilio Estevez

  7. Tour the U.S. via bicycle. Can you even imagine the beauty you'd experience while not in a car or train or plane? Going slower speeds on less traveled roads?


It's not a very long list, but it is quite ambitious. Isn't that what a bucket list should be, after all?


What did you do for Fitness Friday?
What's on your Fitness Bucket List?
Have you ever raced on a different continent?


This was my first time linking up with Fitness Friday. Click the button to see who else is celebrating fitness today.
Fitness Friday Jill Conyers

6 comments:

  1. Awesome bucket list! Miss Sallie is adorable! <3 Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your bucket list! I too would love to get on the Fanatics list one day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Friday was a rest day unless you count plank-a-day. Great Bucket list! I'm running my 10th of 12 half marathons today. I don't know why I didn't think to check out Half Fanatics. Thanks for the info :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your bucket list,good luck with your goals :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to go to Swell Women - it's a surf camp, with yoga, and healthy food - all inclusive, ON MAUI! You should google it. So cool.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your list! i've debated joining the fanatics, but haven't justified it yet. i'd rather use the money to register for more races!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails