How do you log your eating and/or workouts? I currently don't keep any kind of a food journal or log my eating anywhere. I would probably be a bit healthier if I did, and I may look into starting this soon. As for workouts, I log everything into DailyMile. I love it because there is so much support and encouragement!
How many pairs of workout shoes do you own? I own two pair, but I think this is the first time in my life that I've owned more than one pair. I got my second pair for unbelievably cheap. I generally only wear one pair; the second pair are specific trail running shoes, and I haven't really had much opportunity for trail running. Hopefully that will change this fall.
Do you workout with others or by yourself? Why? In general, I workout by myself. There was a time when my husband and I would go to the gym together, but we like doing differently things, so we didn't ever get into a real good system. When it comes to running, I prefer to run right from my door no driving or biking beforehand, and since I don't currently have the benefit of a running partner that lives close by...I mostly run by myself. When I lived in MN, I did enjoy going on group runs from time to time, and since I've been in Vegas, I've done one group run. I prefer running alone, but I do love an occasional partner or group. I love sinking into myself, listening to music, enjoying the beauty around me, but there are times when I equally enjoy the conversation and comradeship of running with others. Plus, I find I generally am able to run faster without realizing it when I'm out with a friend.
List your 5 favourite healthy living / fitness blogs.
- Livin the Fit Life - I believe a found her blog by entering a giveaway she was hosting. I won! I come back because I love her adventures and beautiful pictures. Some of her recent hikes make me downright jealous. Plus, I've had the pleasure of meeting her IRL. :-)
- Just a Normal Mom - Ally's blog isn't necessarily classified as a healthy living / fitness blog, but she does lead a very active life. She is funny and shares lots of great stories about lots of different things.
- Neon Blonde Runner - She's just cute as a button, and I love all the beautiful places she's run - mostly in the Richmond area. I find her incredibly inspiring - with her 2nd marathon being a sub-3:30 marathon, which was just one month after her 1st marathon! Amazing!!
- Gourmet Runner - She's another cutie from the South. Her posts crack me up! 'Nuff said.
- Sweet and Savory Sarah - She shares recipes and funny experiences from the gym and working out in general.
I've recently added a few more blogs to my reading list, but since they're so new, I'm still getting a feel for them.
Well, that catches me up on the writing challenge. Now, it's time for me to hit the hay. I've got a promising job interview tomorrow afternoon, and I want to get in some working-out time beforehand.
Hope your week is off to a great start!Tweet