8.14.2012

Do you do this?

I often talk myself out of doing things. I don't know if I get scared or what, but it's something I've often struggled with. I tend to be a quitter. This has actually improved a bit as I've gotten older, but it's still a problem at times.

Yesterday's challenge for the August Healthy Living /Fitness Blogger Writing Challenge was about our favorite quotations. This was one of the first pins I found over on Pinterest, and I still LOVE it.


I think it really speaks to me and my quitting nature - not just when it comes to fitness/exercise/health, but in all aspects of my life.

I need to stop listening to that little liar in my head.

Today's challenge is about regrets. What is something that you always wonder "what if?" about?

The first thing that comes to mind is my decision to not study abroad at Middlesex University in London. I was accepted into the program and had paid a deposit, but for a variety of reasons, I choose not to go. I doubt that studying abroad would have greatly changed my life or personality much, but who knows?

Perhaps taking that scary leap of going somewhere completely new and different would have helped shape me into a stronger, more confident woman now.



3 comments:

  1. I'm a firm believer that everything happens for a reason and in place of studying in London there are other life experiences that shaped you and made you who you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always struggling with the little inner voice of doubt! I just have to remind myself that I only live once and I don't want to have any regrets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the what if's sometimes. But I keep telling myself that my life is what it is today because of the directions I went. It wouldn't be the same otherwise. And I like where I am. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails