12.30.2011

Looking Back

Where did 2011 go? I feel like this year really flew by! It was such a great, fun, stressful, overwhelming, encouraging, exciting, terrifying, fantastic year.

Looking back I realized just how little I blogged about some of the greater events this past year.

Well, I guess at least you can get a little taste of them here in this recap.

Just for fun (and because I've been meaning to for quite awhile now), I'm going to link this list up with Stasha over at The Good Life.


Yes, I'm fully aware that it's far from Monday, but I've still got a few more hours to add my link.

So, here's my Top 10 of 2011...

10. Jeff and I got certified as SCUBA divers. This was definitely a challenge for me! But ultimately, I bucked up and finished. We've only done lake diving in MN and WI and are now really looking forward to getting to the ocean one day.
 

8. I joined my friend Laura for a women's Pedal and Paddle weekend. I can’t believe I never got around to blogging about the trip. Ugh. This was an hilarious weekend spent with women I didn't know. We pedaled. We paddled. We laughed. A lot. It was exhausting, but I'd love to do it again! 
 
7. I read and studied. A lot!
 
6. I passed the MTLE. This was a huge relief. I was so stressed about the test and SO happy to get the results.

5. I joined DailyMile in April and enjoyed tracking all my workouts.
Total mileage - 926.74, since April
4. I became a runner (again)! I already wrote a running recap. You can check it out here.
Total Running Miles - 392.2 since April
3. We spent a week and a half in Costa Rica. It was beautiful, fun, relaxing - just as any good vacation should be. I never ended up blogging about the trip. So sad! We spent a few days at the Arenal Volcano Lodge. It was cloudy much of the time, but we did get to see the top of the volcano one afternoon. Yes, it is an active volcano. No, it didn't erupt while we were there. We also we for a horseback tour (did not enjoy it) around the base of the volcano and ziplining (loved it) through the canopy. I did post some pics to FB here. The rest of the time in Costa Rica was spent on the Pacific coast in a little surfer village outside of Nosara. It was a trip and a half to drive through the poor roads, but a great adventure! This leg of the trip was just lots of sunsets, playing in the ocean, relaxing, and monkeys in trees. Go here for some more pictures, if you'd like.

2. I completed all my requirements (assuming I finish my e-portfolio by tomorrow night) to be able to student teach. There were many, many times when I felt like quitting, like it wasn't worth it. BUT I eventually overcame my defeatist attitude and I managed to knock it out of the ballpark!!!
 
And my #1 accomplishment for 2011 ...
 
1. I exceeded by blogging goal! Sweet!! I know this seems weird since I had so many blogging fails, but I did manage at least one post every month. :-)

What's up for 2012?

I'll be doing a Resolution post later, but here are few key events on the calendar already 
  • Student teaching
  • Swimming with the sharks at SeaLife MN
  • Trip to Vegas with some college girlfriends
  • Grandma's Marathon
  • Cross-country move
 2012 is gonna be EPIC!



6 comments:

  1. You have had quite a year! I'm very envious of your trip to Costa Rica! I'm trying to convince my hubs that it should be our next vacation destination, but if some other things pan out this year that probably won't be until 2013.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woohoo for a wonderful 2011! I just re-read your running recap of the year, you had some amazing runs.

    And isn't it just the best during a race when you see your significant other multiple times throughout!

    Cheers to a wonderful 2012 with much more to come!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great year! Hope 2012 is even better. Can't wait to hear where your cross country move will be to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a year! And you are moving next? Busy bee. Lovely blog, this corner of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, you certainly racked up a LOT of miles in 2011. I really need to get back to running...I miss it, but it's going to take some real work I'm afraid to even manage a mile at this point. :-/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous year! That's a lot to be proud of. Can't wait to see what 2012 brings!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails