1.19.2012

3TT #2

I really had high hopes for being a great blogger during January when I didn't have any homework, and I was just biding my time until student teaching started. Unfortunately, work has been keeping me busy and I've just been too tired lazy to blog in the evenings.

So, here are at least 3 things that are going on with me this week.

Thing 1 - Less than two weeks until I am in a classroom for student teaching. I am both excited and pretty nervous. I met with my mentor teacher last night. I think we'll get along great and work well together (based on that initial meeting). He teaches 3 sections of 10th grade World History, a section of AP Government, and a section of AP European History. I'll be most active in the World History classes. I get to plan a unit on Latin American history. This is intimidating, yet I am looking forward to the challenge!

Thing 2 - I ran for the first time this morning since Jan 2nd! I tried out my new shoes. They were a little awkward for the first 1/4 mile or so but felt great after that. No knee pain at all during the run; there is a little discomfort right now, though. :-(

Nike Zoom Structure Triax 15

Thing 3 - An Arctic cold front blew in last night. When I left for work this morning it was -11°F. Straight temp. Today's high is forecasted to be TWO whole degrees.  It was so cold when walking the 3 blocks to the bus that the collar of my coat frosted a bit from my breath.

If you were taking a class on Latin American history, what would you like to focus on or hope to learn in the class? How's the weather where you are today?

6 comments:

  1. Glad you were able to get your run in today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. -11! Oh my gosh you are a more dedicated runner than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, no. I should clarify. I ran inside on the treadmill. :-)

      Delete
  3. Weather for me is the same as the weather for you. COLD.

    As for Latin American history, I'm not sure I know what I'd like to learn, but I do find the parallels between Latin America (Panama/Colombia) and Northern Africa (Egypt) intriguing (pyramids, gods, etc.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Treva, that is a great idea! I'll see if I can work in some parallels with something they've already covered earlier in the year. Thanks!

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails