1.23.2012

Before I Die

It's time, once again, to link up with Stasha for ...


This week's challenge comes to us from Ally at Two Normal Moms. If you aren't already reading her blog, you should. She is awesome. Anyway, her challenge for us was to list 10 things you'd like to see happen before you die.

I've changed it slightly. I've added things I'd like to do as well.

So here goes.

I'd like to ...

1. Scuba dive in all 5 oceans.

2. Run a marathon (or half) on 6 of the continents. I don't think I'm up for an Antarctic race, even if there is one to be run.

3. See the world move away from fossil fuels and move to alternative energies.

4. Visit at least seven of the Wonders of the World.

5. Witness a total solar eclipse (maybe while singing Total Eclipse of the Heart by Bonnie Tyler)

via
6. See an end (or at least a huge decrease in the amount) of greed in the world and a narrower gap between rich and poor.

7. Know treatable diseases were actually being treated in 3rd world countries (particularly the countries of Africa).

8. Hike in the mountains. Not rock climb. Not venturing where no one has been. Not any particular mountain range. But definitely mountains. With a guide.

source
 9. Visit Dubai.

via
10. See all my nieces and nephews follow their dreams and find true happiness.

Dang! This was a lot more difficult than I'd have liked. Perhaps it's too early (10am? hahah) on a Monday morning. It can't possibly be because I don't want to see or do much, right? It's got to just be a brain fart. I'm going with that.

What do you want to see or do before you die?

15 comments:

  1. interesting new year's thought

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Certainly, I don't hope to die this year, so this is more long-term. Hoping to celebrate a little Chinese New Year later. Perhaps for dinner. :)

      Delete
  2. You're a real adventuresse aren't you?
    I hear Dubai is fab and expensive. They have the world's most expensive hotel - got to sit in the lobby, the Al Bustan Palace Hotel I think it's called. My hub went there and sat in the lobby. (-:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I am. My high school friends would probably be shocked. :-)

      Well, I'll probably have to find the cheapest way to visit Dubai, but sitting in the lobby of the world's most expensive hotel seems like a great bucket list item.

      Delete
  3. Is the word "listicles" supposed to make me think about "testicles"? Because that's what it's doing, every Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *giggle* Not a bad way to start the week, right?

      Seriously, though. Listicles is legit. Just ask Wikipedia. It's a cross between a List and an Article.

      Delete
  4. I really haven't ever given it much thought. However the place you want to go and the things you want to do are quite intriguing and make me start to think I might want to see/do some things myself. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure there are plenty of things you'd like to see happen before you die. :) I know you're definitely right there with me on #10.

      Delete
  5. These are great. I hope you run, hike and dive and the world is a much nicer and healthier place to live!

    ReplyDelete
  6. #7 so true!
    My friend spent a year living in Dubai. Her photos and stories have made that a place I hope someday to visit too!
    Good luck with the running!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is fascinating that you ahve a friend who spent a year in Dubai. I've never known anyone to even visit there.

      Delete
  7. Lots of good resolutions! I'm right there with you with the fossil fuels. We try everyday to reduce our carbon footprint as much as possible.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my goodness without Greed the world would be a much better place. My mind can think of all kinds of things that would end with the end of greed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Take me with you. Scuba diving, hiking, I'll be the booster club for your marathons, the seven wonders, the eclipse, maybe without the singing. My cousin loved that casette, yes cassette, and I have heard that song eight billion times. Great list.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You came up with a great list! What a world it would be with less greed...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails