9.04.2012

Eye to Eye

It's inexplicable. Irrational.

But I really, really dislike talking on the phone.

I avoid it at all costs. I'm a HUGE call screener. If you're not in my contacts, I won't answer.  If you are, I'll wonder why you're calling and may or may not answer. Probably 8 out of 10 calls, I let go to voicemail. Yes, even family and close friends.

My husband and I have even been known to argue over who has to call to order delivery. I usually lose, which does not make me happy. At least the food mostly makes up for it.

If you were to ask me the following question:
When you are speaking with someone, do you prefer to look them in the eye or talk over the phone?
The answer would be a resounding IN THE EYE.

Unless it's a fake in the eye. Skype? Video chat? Uh. No, thank you.

All that being said, I LOVE MY PHONE! I love communicating via email, texting, blogging, social media. Sharing photos and stories from the palm of my hand.

Call me quirky. I guess it's why I enjoy being a blogger! I get to share my thoughts and hope someone reads them and interact with other lovely bloggers. Sometimes I even get to meet some in person. Yay!

******
Fitness Cheerleader asks us today to describe a typical weekly training schedule.

I'm just getting back into things, so I don't really have a training schedule per se. I plan on running every other day between 3-7 miles with a long run on either Sat or Sun of 10-12 miles. I've started doing a wee bit of yoga after my runs. On my non-running days, I'll either rest or so some kind of core / strength training. I have a lot of difficulty motivating myself for those workouts, though. *shrug*

Which do you prefer - talking eye to eye or over the phone?
What's a typical training week look like for you?

6 comments:

  1. Ironically, I run the engineering department for a wireless phone carrier, and I hate talking on the phone. Guess this is why I pushed the industry for email and SMS on phones in the 90's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I, for one, am glad that you pushed for that! Otherwise, I'd be forced to talk on the phone more often. :0

      Delete
  2. I really dislike talking on the phone unless it's my best friend. I've been known to let it go to voice mail - a lot. And I, too, hate having to be the one to call for anything! I always try to get my husband to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hate the phone too! i dread answering!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I prefer talking to someone in person too - it's more fun. It’s good you are mixing up your training routine. A lot of runners just run and neglect their upper bodies. (Uh…I was guilty of that…)

    Here is my (very tardy) training schedule for bodybuilding: http://sheslosingit.net/2012/09/11/blogger-challenge-4-my-training-schedule/

    Lisa
    http://sheslosingit.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I'm pretty bad about building my core and upper body. I know I need to do better, but I figure every little bit counts.

      Delete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails