8.25.2012

Enjoying the Course

Today's challenge is to tell the story behind the name of our blogs. I thought I had explained it before on the blog, but looking back through some archives, I don't think I actually did.

So, what's in a name?

Well, a lot, I guess.

If you're new, you might not realize that this blog used to have a different name - All Things Clarinda. I didn't think it accurately captured the essence of what I wanted to blog, so I changed it to Enjoying the Course.

I knew I wanted to put a little more focus to my blog. I knew I wanted to try to focus more on exercise, fitness, and healthy living. I knew I wanted to become a running blog.

In general my running pace is about a 10:00min/mile. I could be wrong, but it seems to me that's a pretty average pace. I know a lot of people who run slower, and I know a lot of people who run faster.

I'd wanted to include average in my blog name, but nothing really sounded just right. I discussed it at length with my husband and even put it out to my readers.

I got a lot of push-back on the word average. You're not average. Don't sell yourself short. I'm actually happy being average. It doesn't mean that I don't push myself; it's more a recognition that there are others both better and worse than me.

Whoa. I think I went off on a little tangent there...

Being a not particularly fast runner, I don't really race or compete. Instead I try to just have fun with it. Push myself, of course, but also take my time and enjoy my surroundings and the beauty around me.

And ENJOYING THE COURSE was born.

I still kept the average part in the subtitle. I'm stubborn like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails