8.13.2012

How did it get to be Monday night??

It was kind of a rough weekend. It was my birthday on Friday, and I don't know what happened, but it was one of the worst. I was an emotional wreck. I was in tears nearly all day. Even the kindest Facebook birthday wishes from friends and family made me choke up. They weren't always sad tears. Sometimes they were happy, I-feel-so-loved tears. No matter, they were draining. Physically and emotionally.

I had wanted to go to the Strip and go shopping, hang out, grab dinner. BUT when the day came, I could barely bring myself to even get dressed. Like I said, my emotions were all over the place.

I could say it was because I turned 35, but I don't think that's really it. I've always embraced my age and never dreaded any upcoming birthday.

Truth be told, I think it's more likely the fact that neither of us have found any work. Our funds are quickly fading, and soon we'll be in a world of hurt. It's difficult to deal with. Today, I did wake up pretty hopeful, so *fingers crossed*.

Saturday morning, I was determined to have a better day and decided to celebrate my birthday a day late. We walked to the Strip, visited the pool at Caesar's, stopped at H&M didn't buy anything, and went to Grimald's Pizza at the Palazzo for my free large birthday pizza. It was definitely an improvement over Friday, but still not the birthday I deserved.

Sunday was even better! We biked to MGM Grand to hang out at the pool with a fellow blogger - hiker mom. We got there a bit later than anticipated, but it was great fun! We walked through the lazy river. Renting a tube was $16!! We lounged on deck chairs.
We enjoyed great conversation. It was a lot of fun - and really helped boost my birthday weekend! Yay!!

Today flew by. I tackled my job search, exercised, lounged at the pool and hot tub. Same ole, same ole.

It's kind of a whiny post, but not as whiny as I'd thought it might be, so there's that. Ha!

Make it a great week, everyone!! I hope to join back in with the August Healthy Living /Fitness Blogger Writing Challenge tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Belated Birthday. Sometimes my emotions get the best of me and I have no idea why. I hate that! I wish you the best of luck with your job hunting endeavors. Such a scary place to be in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Free birthday pizza and the pool with a fellow blogger sounds great! Sorry the weekend started out rough - but glad it got better. I send you a birthday wish for a successful job search!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy late late birthday!!! For some reason 34 was harder for me than 35. 40 was a bitch though.
    Visiting from ICLW (#7)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Feel free to leave a comment. I try to respond to each one, so why not subscribe, too? :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails